How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

15 students + 3 bathrooms = you do the math

Well I knew that eventually I would get some kind of stomach illness that would have me fighting for the bathroom. But I didn't think it would be food poisoning..

Every Sunday a few from our group will cook for us because our cook has the day off. Morgan, Rob and Rachel made us a nice meal of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. It wasn't done till 7 so we were all starving. We started eating and it wasn't until halfway through the meal that we realized that our meat wasn't cooked all the way. I don't know how we missed it. I was just thinking that most Ugandan chicken dishes have had a weird texture so it must be something about skinny chickens.. So now all of us are waiting for the possible food poisoning to set in from eating raw but slightly warmed chicken. 15 students with possible food poisoning and 3 bathrooms.. doesn't sound like a fun night to me. We may have to follow Dr. Stockley's advice and sit in the bathtub and rinse off when its over. sounded funny when we were all feeling fine.. disgusting.

And the worst part is that even if I don't get food poisoning I will still throw up. The placebo effect and my hypochondriac tendencies will have me believing I am sick anyways. So yay. Here's to throwing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment