How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Malaria Pill Nonsense

Here is a confession: Not only am I terrified of shots, but I can't swallow pills either. I am now entering a semester where I will have to take at least on pill every day for 4+ months!!! Ahh!

I just took my first malaria pill. It's not very big at all so I attempted to swallow it but it just kept projectile-y popping back up! so then I crushed it up and had to roll it in a piece of bread and chew it and swallow. EWWW. That was the nastiest tasting stuff ever! And then once I got that down and brushed my teeth I started feeling sick like I wanted to throw it up. That pill just did NOT want to stay down! Too much information?? That's okay.

Here's to a new and not so pleasant routine... :-P yuck

1 comment:

  1. It was hard for me at first, too. Doxy is a powerful med to be on, but it's not so bad once you get used to it :-) I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete