How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

3 Days! .. and the panic sets in!

So with three full days left I am not sure how all of this is going to come together!

Here is my crisis: A River Between- my other predeparture reading assignment, did not arrive. I checked the tracking information and it wasn't even sent yet!! We also ordered the book through inter library loans but it wont arrive till TUESDAY which gives me maybe 24 hours in which to read an entire book and do all the assignments. This book is out of print so it wont be in any stores. I did find it at a local college so basically I am going Monday morning and spending the entire day in there reading it. Pray that it all works out!

Today my mother and I found some lightweight pants/capris, some conservative dresses, and a skirt. We also went to our favorite shoe store - Evans, and bought me a pair of Chacos which are really nice and comfy walking sandals. I anticipate them being my favorite shoe in Africa.

We are really not sure about which suitcase to choose. It's funny how that has become such a stressful subject for me. I'm fairly weak when if comes to upper body strength. I need to be able to carry all of my bags by myself. No problem if they are on wheels, but they have to be light weight for when I can't roll them. I think duffel bags wold be best because they are more flexible that the hard sides of the square rolling ones, but our duffel bags would not have a rolling option. ...Probably not an interesting topic for a blog, but it really is the 2nd biggest worry on my mind, after the reading.

I need to have everything packed and ready to go tomorrow night (Sunday). My flight to Phoenix leaves at 6am from Logan airport, which means i should be there at 4, which means leaving my house at 2am. My sleep schedule is going to be completely messed up after all of the traveling. By the time I get to Africa I will have flown from Boston to (some connecting flight), to Phoenix, one day of orientation, Phoenix to London, 15 hr layover in London, London to Entebbe Uganda and then to our guesthouse. I wont know night from day by then!



On that note I think I will take a nap! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment