How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

6 Days

Something about the one week count down makes me want to have a post for each day just so I can write how many days left till I leave.

My friend Meaghan lent me a lot of helpful stuff that I might need like a small camping pillow and more sturdy backpack. It's really nice to be able to borrow things instead of buy them. At this very moment I am going to sit down and try to read an entire book and do all the assignments for it in what's left of today. Ambitious? Probably.. This is what happens when you put things off... they come back to kick you in the butt when you don't have much time to do them. Well, maybe that isn't true, I do have a full six days to read these books.. but right now i would rather be making this blog prettier or doing something more fun.

To all my friends back at Messiah : Yay for the first day back at school! I hope it went well. I can't believe I wont be back there for 9 months! (unless I visit in May). I love that place, so I will definitely miss it. It will be weird to take a break from Business classes and take only GenEds for a semester.

Did I ever say what courses I would be taking? Here's the list:
1. African Traditional Culture and Religion (Uganda)
2. Post Colonial African Literature (Uganda)
3. Issues of Peacebuilding (Rwanda)
4. Social Context for Development (Rwanda)
- Cross-Cultural Studies Practicum (Wherever I am placed)
This semester looks like it is going to be SO interesting!

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment