How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Sitting in The airport. - last few hours in the USA


We got the famous picture with the jeep that's inside the Food for the Hungry office.

Today was a very emotionally exhausting day. Not only was the morning stressful for me, but then Orientation took its toll as well. We listened to a guy named Bo White talk about relationships, and then one of the other leaders started calling him out in public and tearing apart what he had to say. The guy was actually being pretty mean to Bo right in front of us. I got really distressed because I didn't understand why he was being so mean to the guy that had just presented to us. After Bo stormed out they called him back in and said it was all an act to demonstrate broken relationships. I was horrified and very distressed, and then that with everything else that I have been stressing and worrying about caused me to burst into sobs in front of everyone. well.... now everyone knows I'm a basket-case. hahahhaa

We all got assigned a prayer partner that works at FH and will be praying for us this semester. My prayer partner is Brittani and she is a sweetheart :) We all ate and asked questions and had difficult discussions about stuff we are gonna have to deal with in Africa. Then we said goodbye to the girls going to Mekong and we left for the airport.

Thank GOODNESS we got here 4 hours early. We got to the counter and found out that our tickets were the lowest "class" so we can only have one checked bag. not good cuz we all had 2... some of them were bags of mission supplies for the organization. So we got charged $60 per extra bag. bummer!! Security was stressful. The people weren't very nice either.. And they call this the friendliest airport.. At least they have internet. The whole group is on their laptops getting our last fix before Africa.

Goodbye USA. I'll miss you!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear more stories Kendall! I miss you and will be praying for you :) I love you and everyone will love you ;) even if you can be a basketcase on random occasions :P jk love u;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kendall -
    I'm enjoying following your travels via your blog - hope you're able to keep it updated. Have a safe arrival -
    Love, Uncle David

    ReplyDelete