How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Monday, January 11, 2010

1 Day until I leave!

1 DAY!!!

Actually I think my counting is a bit off. I do have one full day left. It is Monday evening and I leave at 6am Wednesday morning, so tomorrow is my last day at home. But its more like 37 hours.

Today I got up really early and went to the local library. I was able to buy a temporary library card for $15 expensive dollars to check out A River Between for me to read. I read that for a while at home and then went with my friend Rachel to Walmart to get some MORE last minute things. Got some extra passport pictures taken (why do they always come out so bad??). I got myself a nice clear, plastic portfolio binder to hold all my important documents in one place.

As I was gathering all of my necessary documents I realized something, my yellow fever card and medical forms were nowhere to be found. i could remember seeing them in a pile on the dining room table a week ago but then a bunch of junk mail got put on top and some of it got thrown out. I spent about 45minutes flipping out and searching everywhere for these documents. How could I come this far and then lose the most important papers that I have!? I finally realized how hungry I was, so while looking up the number of the nearest travel clinic to see if they could express mail me a new one, I opened the cupboard to find a snack. What do I find hidden in the cupboard behind a stack of bowls???? My yellow card and missing health form!! Thank you God for making me so hungry at that moment that I needed to open that cabinet! What a relief! I really thought I wasn't going to be able to go!
So now I am all set!


a side note: "Walmart" keeps coming up with red squiggles underneath it....shouldn't that be part of the dictionary by now??

No comments:

Post a Comment