How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I can't follow advice! (or do my homework)

If you read the post before this, then you know that Doctor Stockley came to give us a very entertaining lecture on health and safety while we are in Uganda. One thing that he stressed over and over was to GET SOME SLEEP. Our immune systems are already fighting off all sorts of things that we aren't used to, so being sleep deprived is a BAD idea. I clearly can't follow advice. I am still finishing my homework and it is 1am. Everyone except my good friend Emily is in bed. We are commenting to each other how nice it is to find someone so much like ourselves. Both of us are feeling stressed because it's so hard to get homework finished. I mean none of us are really here because we want to take classes. We are here to experience Africa and confront poverty...stuff like that. It is also hard to do homework when you look out the window and see a tropical paradise in the back yard, or when the heat makes it so easy to doze off. I really do enjoy my classes, and i will do well in them, I just am so frustrated that it is so difficult for me to do my work! I should have been in bed hours ago! shame on me!!! Okay, now that I have publicly chastised myself, I am going to print off my paper and get a few hours of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment