How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Friday, January 8, 2010

4 Days!

Four Days till I leave!

I'm caught between wishing I were leaving now so that I could just GET THERE ALREADY, and feeling like there is not enough time here to do what I need to do and buy what I need to buy. Ahh! The guest room has been taken over by me and all my stuff.

As you can see from the picture above i am going to have a little bit of difficulty fitting it all in one suitcase and a backpack... And on top of that can I even carry all this stuff by myself? Hope so.

I picked up my Malaria pills today and deposited my last paychecks from school I'm a little confused about the medicine because it is Doxycyline, which is supposed to be correct, but the information on it doesn't mention anything about being used to prevent Malaria.. so hopefully I got the right stuff? I'll have to call the pharmacy and ask.

I will be done with Things Fall Apart soon, but the other book is out of print and hasn't arrived yet.. its supposed to be pretty big so I am worried about getting these assignments done for our first class. It's gotta get here!

Once again I am thinking about all my girls who are already at their destination or who are getting ready to go... It's going to be an amazing semester, and we all need to go in with a heart full of excitement and eagerness to learn and get immersed in our new culture. We can do it!

1 comment:

  1. Kendall,

    No worries. Doxycyline IS used as an anti-malaria drug but it's also an acne medicine. I've had friends who used it and were fine, if it's any consolation :)

    ReplyDelete