How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Loooong day of Orientation

Well, I am sooooo tired. I wouldn't even be writing this if I didn't have to wait a while after taking my malaria pill to lay down.

We started at 7:20am and took the "light rail" to the street that Food for the Hungry is on. We listened to some people talk. Watched a cool movie that made us think about stereotyping. We had to write "our story" and share it with a small group. We ate and asked questions of our panel. Then we had to go with a team into the city and create a presentation from interviewing people. We interviewed a lot of homeless people for ours and the consensus is that Phoenix is a good place to live on the streets because there is always food being provided and it is warm. We ate dinner and presented and now we are finally back at the hotel.

If I sound less animated it is because I feel sick to my stomach. I'm trying hard not to throw up my malaria pill again. Now I need to get all my bags together and ready to go. We just found out we can only bring on one carry on bag so I need to put all my important stuff into just one.

Haiti Update: All the kids at the orphanage lived through the earthquake, but the orphanage building is in ruins so they are now living on the streets. I really hope they can get off the streets soon and into safety. Here is a clip of some people talking about the quake. The voice of Keziah Furth is played, She is one of our friends who is down there. PRAY PRAY PRAY! http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=9548961

This will be the last post until either London or Uganda. Pray that we have safe flights and that I don't get blood clots from sitting too long, or throw up from my malaria meds.. aye yey yey.

Love you all. Good Bye USA <3

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kendall, I'm SOOO glad you brother and sister are safe. I've been REALLY worried about them for the past few days. I'm going to try to organize a prayer meeting for Haiti tonight with people in my program, so we'll definitely be praying for them!

    Sari

    ReplyDelete