How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Welcome Dinner

Well there isn't very much going on at this moment so I am blogging again... this is my 15th post before I even leave!

My room is ridiculously hot. I took an hour nap before orientation started and I was completely zonked out. When I woke up, for some reason I thought it was the next day and that everyone had left without me so I jumped up and who knows what I was saying. Then I realized that my poor roommate was still in the room and it was only an hour later.

We went downstairs and met the group. There are about 15 of us total, 3 of which are guys. 3 girls are going to Mekong, Thailand instead of Africa with us. So it's a lot tinier than I expected, but everyone is very friendly. We walked to the park and had a welcome BBQ. We did some ice breakers which were hard because I can't remember names at all. They talked to us for a while during dinner and gave us our schedule. I am really liking everything I hear about Food for the Hungry. Then they dismissed us. We leave tomorrow at 7:20am for more orientation stuff :/

I am super sleepy but I want to make a good impression by being social with everyone so I feel like I should go do something, but I am happy just to relax with my roommate :)

More tomorrow for sure... I love blogging:)

No comments:

Post a Comment