How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Last Friday in Africa

Woke up early because the Kitgum group was doing devotions for the staff. We sung some songs and then told about what we were doing on our practicum. It was really cool to get to share about our experiences for the staff in Kampala.

After breakfast, Tim, Ryan and I got a ride with Kate to the Friday market. We shopped around until the guys wanted to go, then walked home. I realized when we got home that I had wanted to buy a few more things, so Ryan and I hired Godwin to drive us back again. I am now officially down to my last few dollars/shillings. I have been trying to figure out how I am going to bring all of this home, I think I am going to have to leave all of my clothes behind.

Tomorrow we go to visit the famous Dr. Stockley. Do you remember my post about his visit to warn us about the things we could catch in Africa? Well, it is now time to find out what parasites and amoebas I have picked up. Can you believe that I am not terrified? Well, I guess I am a bit nervous of the procedures, but I have accepted that I might be feeding another little organism every time I eat. At dinner we were all given our little stool sample cups. Nothing scary, just a little spoon inside a tube. As usual among our little African family, we discussed in great detail how to give a stool sample, while we ate. Yum. I told everyone that if I faint tomorrow, to tell the nurse to take my blood sample while I am passed out.. so that I don't have to faint twice. I am sure it will be an exciting adventure. Lets just hope there isn't anything seriously wrong.. I don't have enough shillings to pay for it.. spent to much on souvenirs.

MOM- call me tonight please, it's been a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment