How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Leaving Kitgum

Yesterday we found out that we are leaving Kitgum a day earlier than we had thought. It was sad to greet people around the office and realize that I will very soon have to say goodbye to them. I don't want to!

So today is our last day in Northern Uganda. The guys killed their first chickens today. They made sure that I video taped them sawing the heads off the small white hens that were bought this morning. Brings back memories of killing a chicken myself a few months ago on rural visit. At least they didn't have to pluck out the feathers! I spent the morning typing up more registration forms. Now I am waiting around at the office for somebody to come back from the field with more forms to type. It rained after lunch, so I stood out in it until I was soaking wet. I will forever be the crazy white girl that stands out in the rain.

Tonight we are having a going away celebration at the Bombas Hotel in town. Tomorrow morning, Godwin (our hired driver) will pick us up and drive us to Mbale. We will spend the night with Susan and Nathan in Mbale. Thursday we will drive back to Kampala after Godwin has picked up Janae and Brittney from the top of the mountain. I am excited to get back to Kampala, and wish we could just do the whole trip in one day. Can't wait to have a warm shower and some Ciao-Ciaos ice cream.

At the same time, I am truly going to miss Kitgum and the people I have met here. I am definitely going to try to come back when I can; probably after I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment