How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday in Kitgum

Yesterday I worked with the director, Pius. He is a really great guy, but I still feel a little bit nervous because I want to make a good impression, and he is the head boss. We drove in a car with Maureen to Padebe East. There we met Clarence and Joseph. Pius went to a meeting, and Clarence and I were dropped off at the market. He and I took inventory of the goods available and their prices. It took about thirty minutes. It went well, but I was really grossed out when we passed a butcher's shop. There were chunks of goat meat sitting on the counter in the sun. They were so covered with flies that you couldn't even see the meat. I sincerely hope that that is not the same meat that we are eating. Joseph and Maureen picked us up and we sat in the car for at least an hour and a half waiting for Pius to be done in his meeting. We came back to the office and I made an Excel document for my information. After that, there was no other work for me to complete so I was done for the day. I have to say, I think I prefer riding on the motor bike. I felt very sick to my stomach after the bumpy drive to the site. These are the kind of roads my mother would drive at 2 miles an hour. Here we take the roads at at least 50.

I took a nice nap, and then Moses took us on a walk into town to see the market and the hotel that has a pool. It was incredibly hot. We came back and ate, and then I watched The Covenant with Cassie. I screamed bloody murder a few times at the scary/suspenseful parts. Then I watched Star Wars with Tim and Ryan. Cassie and I stayed up late talking.

Today we got up at 9 and had leftovers for breakfast. We played some cards. Now we are in the office taking turns with the internet cord. Later we are going to the swimming pool and I hope to do some laundry. The guys laid out to get a tan this morning.. they look like human strawberries now.. That's sure gonna hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment