How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday Night

We came home and I wrote some more of my final paper. As I was walking out of my room I found a note taped to the back of the door. It was the first clue of a treasure hunt to find a Hello Kitty lunch box and a shoe that the guys had stolen from us. (Don't ask what possessed me to actually buy a Hello Kitty character lunch box.. it was a lapse of judgment to be sure). So after dinner, Cassie and I set out on our treasure hunt to recover the missing treasures. The guys had us walking back and forth across the compound. The lunch box and shoe were hidden under our beds. I must say it was a very cute and fun idea. Who invented the first treasure hunt? The pirates?

We sat down in the guy's hut and watched Avatar. I really liked it. I have been trying all night to get in contact with our ride tomorrow to Gulu but no luck so far.. Hope it still happens.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kitty lunch boxes are always cute and endearing. Avatar is just heart warming. Thanks for sharing your post.
    insulated picnic
    backpacks

    ReplyDelete