How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Rain!

Every morning we pray for rain. It has been unusually dry in Kitgum these last few years - a disaster for a community that relies on agriculture.

It started pouring half an hour ago. Rain is such a blessing. I was so happy for the cool air that blew into the office. I had to get up and stand on the porch to watch it fall for a few minutes. Everyone else had taken cover, but I was the crazy mzungu that wanted to feel the rain on my face. Rain has such a rejuvenating effect on the world. I feel completely refreshed.

Pray that the rain continues. We really need it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment