How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

Hey this is my 100th post! I never expected myself to become this dedicated to my blog. I'm a little bit proud of myself :)

Happy Easter everyone!!

This morning we all went to Kate's church for the Easter service. It was pretty good. I really wish I could have been at home. My church in MA always has the most beautiful service. Easter should be a really joyful service, but I wasn't really feeling it today. Maybe that's just because I am used to singing more Easter songs. We met a nice guy that works up in Northern Uganda. Coincidentally he was also visiting Germany last time I was there, when the World Cup was in Germany. Maybe I will run into him again.

We had yummy leftovers for lunch and then went to Ciao-Ciaos for ice cream. For some reason I can't stop getting Hazelnut, it's just too good!! I worked on my class schedule. Mostly Business classes for next fall. I just don't know how I will register because I am gone all day during my time slot. I played Black jack with Tim, Ryan and Nathan. We took turns being the dealer and used some of my coins. It was really fun.

At 4:00, Kate's friend Randy came to bring us over to the BBQ at his sister's house. All of the people there were married couples with young children. I got to see some of the cutest adopted babies ever! One little boy had glasses on and looked like a baby Steve Erkle! We had yummy hamburgers with real cheddar cheese, cole slaw, potatoes, fruit salad, veggies, deviled eggs.. It was so great! It felt like a summer cook out, because it was so warm. I spent a lot of time talking with Tim and just relaxing. I had Kate's friend Kristy look at some spots on my leg, which she identified as possibly being scabies. So she gave me her extra scabies lotion, which I will use just in case it is scabies. Can't hurt. And it smelled wonderful when a few other people got scabies and used the same lotion.

Back at the house we all watched another Star Wars episode. I love Yoda! Now it's time for bed. Tomorrow is our last day to relax before the start of practicum!

No comments:

Post a Comment