How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

This morning we thought we would be able to see the TIG camp so we all go ready to go, but Pastor Anastase was denied again (even though last night they had approved us). Oh well. First thing I did when I heard the news was get back in bed.

I worked on and off all day on my presentation for tomorrow. Dwight's class was good. We talked about next weeks field visits to conduct a study on Rwandan families. At dinner, Aryn told us that we are going to be living in dormitories with students close to our age. Squatty potties and bucket baths all week! Haha. We had a lot of laughs demonstrating our perfect squatty potty stance, and with a few people claiming that they were just going to hold it all week. I doubt that is a possible or healthy solution, but that's not my concern, I'm ready!

I spent the night finishing my part of the presentation. It's now 2am. I am waiting for my notes to print on our old, slow printer. Why does it print the pages in order going backwards? That means I have to reorganize every page! haha. I don't know if I am ready for the presentation.. We will see.

Tomorrow we give our presentations and then come back for lunch. Then we leave for Lake Kibuye for a weekend of relaxation and fun. I think they figured that our time here has been serious and difficult, so we need a break. I agree. I hope i feel okay, right now I have a sore tight throat and am very very tired. Talk to you all on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment