How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Lazy Sunday

I was bad this morning and slept in instead of going to church. I got out of bed at 11 and lazed around the house trying to write a reflection paper for tomorrow and start research on my presentation for Issues of Peace-building.

Sara Groves and her team came to the house around 2 to pick up all of their luggage that they left here yesterday. There were 15 of them, and they all wanted showers. Unfortunately Ida had just taken all of our towels to wash so all we could find was three big towels and an assortment of hand towels. We visited with them while they repacked their bags. Everyone on her team was very friendly and sweet. They were down to earth, lovely people.

I was sad to see them head off to the airport. It was fun having a packed house (even more packed than the 16 of us that already live together). It made me homesick to see them heading back to the USA and talking about what they were going to do when they got home. I wish I could go home just for a weekend. I'm not going to lie, I can't help missing my loved ones! The good news is that home will still be there in two months when I am finished here. And I love Africa, so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment