How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bedtime Story

Here is a short story I wrote for my friend tonight. I thought I would share it because I think it turned out pretty good, and surprisingly, it isn't a fairy tale about a princess!

Once upon a time, there was a little toy space ship. It belonged to a boy who loved to play with it an imagine it was real. That little boy grew up and gave it to his son, who gave it to his son.. and on and on until it got to a father who only had a daughter. Though the tradition was to pass the space ship toy to the sons, he decided that his daughter should get to play with it. This little girl had a very good imagination, and was also very clever. She loved the toy spaceship and played with it just as much as any boy had ever played with it. One day she lost a tooth, but instead of putting it under her pillow, she put the spaceship there instead with a note that said "
Dear Tooth Fairy, since I have been very good this year, and brushed my teeth twice a day, please make this spaceship real for me. ps, I'll love you forever if you do!!". That night she had an amazing dream that seemed so real. She was the captain on her very own life sized space ship. She spent the night flying around and having wonderful adventures. When she woke up, the little girl found a note written in cute fairy font that said "Our imaginations are better than the real thing, so I made you an imaginary space ship that you can visit every night in your dreams". and from that night on, the little girl could play on a real spaceship any night she wanted. If only all those little boys that came before her had been so clever!
The end.

Good night. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite. (or the Scabies.. that's what's going around over here ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment