How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I have a brother!

I just found out the most amazing news! I got an email from my mom...

Argusto is coming home! The Haitian prime minister approved him to leave the country. We will expedite ship his passport this week and he will get to come home as soon as possible after that! So basically we are looking at my brother coming home next week!

I am so amazed and happy! I am realizing how much I didn't believe it would really happen. But it is! God is so good! Dad met argusto when he was 12. He turns 18 in two days. What a great birthday present for him! I wish I could be there when he gets off the plane so bad!

I can't believe it! I have a BROTHER!!

1 comment: