How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Practicum Placement

I forgot to write about my practicum placement! I found out Sunday where I will be for the month of April.

I will be stationed in Kitgum with Cassie, Tim and Ryan. Kitgum is up in Northern Uganda, at the very top of the country. My job title is Livelihood Assistant. I will be working with women who are trying to make it without their husbands, and helping them find ways to support themselves. These women are widows, rape victims, or have left their husbands. Unfortunately, the society they live in is one where the man owns everything. These women need to find ways of making an income to support their families, and I have the privileged of getting to work with them (and hopefully some of my business knowledge will help me out).

We will be living in a compound with the same women I will be working with, and their children. There will be real toilets, electricity, and internet (when it works). I am happy with my placement. I am getting sad about having to leave all my other friends.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so exciting! You absolutely have to tell me all about this :-)

    ReplyDelete