How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Fridays and Sara Groves Concerts!

Last night I couldn't sleep. My mind would not stop. I was so excited about having a brother that I could think of nothing else. This morning I could not go to class. I have had too many sleepless nights this week and I just couldn't do it. I told Aryn to be my mom for a second and tell me what to do because I really do feel guilty when I decide to skip class on my own. I feel better when somebody tells me to. Aryn said I should sleep because I have been so tired lately. So I willingly got back in bed. I went with Ida and Emanuelie to bring lunch to everyone at the office, and then I stayed for our second class. The mayor of a nearby district came to speak to us about Rwanda's goals to be reached by 2020. It was interesting.

After class we came back and ate an early dinner. Our bus came to pick us up for the Sara Groves concert! We were a big group of students, directors, Vestine's friends that were our assistants around Kigali a few weekends ago, and our cooks, housekeepers and guards. Ida is just about the funniest lady ever. She was so excited to come out with us. She was in the back of the bus dancing with Puvii and Brittany and laughing. I can't really describe her, but she just makes me laugh so much! The concert was really great. Sara Groves was amazing. You can tell she is a sweet lady, and her music is great. We are excited because she and her band are all coming over for lunch tomorrow! SO cool.

We came home and I talked to dad and then mom. Now I am going to try to go to bed. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment