How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Guests for Lunch - Sara Groves !

I love Saturdays.

I slept in and laid in bed until 11 watching Star Trek for the second time. I LOVE that movie. I'm going to have to start watching the old episodes of it.

We started getting ready for our lunch guests around 11:15. Sara Groves and her band came for lunch at our house! All of the FH workers from the area came to meet them as well. We had a packed house. With Sara was her six year old son, Toby. He was the cutest little boy, and very outgoing. We played cards with him and he read Dr. Seuss' "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish". Everyone was very friendly. Sara seems like a very normal and down to earth lady. I wish I had had more of a chance to talk with her, but she was busy talking to the FH workers. It was really fun playing with her son.

I completely made a fool of myself when I was talking to Sara Groves' guitar player. Here is how the conversation went:
"Great job playing last night!"
"Thank you"
"So, I hear you also play for Michael W. Smith"
"Yes, I do sometimes"
"Oh my gosh... that is amazing"
"Yeah"
"So... what's he like?"
"ummmm he's a good guy"
" I KNEW it!!"
...

Wow. What is wrong with me??

After they left we went back to our room and I finished Star Trek and then took a wonderful nap. There's nothing like a wonderful afternoon nap. Then we walked up to Star Cafe for dinner. This time we were pleasantly surprised that we only waited 45 minutes for our food to come and not one and a half hours like last time. Our food was good. We went to the grocery store and paid $2 for some ice cream in little cups that was so gross. I miss Ciao-Ciaos!! Get us some real ice cream up in here!!! That is the first place I am going to when we get back to Kampala.

We came home and watched The Blind Side. I love that movie. Now we are relaxing before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment