How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Akagera Safari and Kigali at last!


Saturday-

I jumped out of bed when I realized we were going home and I quickly packed my suitcase, used the squatty potty one last time and ran to the van. i wanted to get a decent seat for the ride home and the safari. Aryn shouldn't have been surprise that our group was all at the van waiting for her. We were all so incredibly ready to leave. We piled in and hit the road.

We got to Akagera game park around 7:00 am for our safari. I had been a little bit reluctant to go because I wanted to get back to Kigali, but it was SO worth the few extra hours and the $35. We got to drive down onto an open grassland and get out to take pictures of the zebras and giraffes. My African experience is now complete, I had been waiting to see a giraffe. We got to get so close to them!! Giraffes are so majestic! I love them so much. And nothing is cooler than seeing them in their natural habitat. I'll never appreciate a zoo again! I can't believe I was 100ft away from a real, live tall giraffe. Zebras are also really cool. My camera doesn't always take very good pictures, but I got a few really good ones.

We picked up a Rwandan named Tito that needed a ride to Kigali, and drove back to the city. Aryn pre-ordered some pizzas from Sole Luna, and really good restaurant. We got there and before they staff could finish passing out plates, we had already devoured a third of the pizzas. The fifteen of us ate thirteen pizzas in twenty minutes. It was fantastic.

I was so happy to see our house in Kigali. I don't think you can truly appreciate how wonderful a toilet is until you have lived a week without one. And my bed!! My beautiful, wonderful, comfortable bed!! And technology! It's safe to say I was glued to my lap top for the rest of the night catching up on emails, figuring out housing for next year, and uploading pictures. Aidah (I've been spelling it Ida this whole time) is amazing. I love that woman. She made us enchiladas and SALAD and chocolate cake for dinner. I don't think she knows how much we missed her. All week everyone kept saying how they couldn't wait to get home to Aidah. I had been in such a hurry to leave this morning that I didn't brush my hair.. and I didn't brush it all day until I went to bed. It's good to be home!


(looking good after waking up at 4:30 and not brushing my hair and sleeping in the van)
Coolest animal EVER

No comments:

Post a Comment