How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Romantic Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

I woke up too late to go to church, and then spent all day laying in bed reading the book that is due tomorrow. It was such a relaxing day. I didn't look in a mirror and I only left the room to get breakfast and lunch. I got to Skype with Deanne which was a great treat! I did homework, listened to music and looked up funny things online to laugh at with my roommates.

A few days ago we had volunteered the guys to make us girls Valentines Day dinner. They were a little reluctant at first, but tonight they went completely above and beyond our expectations. It was the most romantic Valentines Day ever!

We were invited downstairs by Ryan, Tim and Nathan who had all dressed up for the occasion. My roommates and I had also dressed up and made ourselves look cute for the occasion. We were immediately charmed when we walked into the dining room to see that there was a tablecloth on the table, and roses and chocolate on our plates. So sweet! Dinner was a delicious chicken and vegetable stir-fry, with fruit smoothies. We listened to romantic music while we ate. Then the guys brought our warm brownies with chocolate frosting, and Italian ice cream for dessert. Talk about knowing the way to a girls heart!! Roses, chocolate, yummy food, and brownie sundaes! Seriously guys, props to you all for being so romantic and sweet.

Am I gushing too much? Maybe I was expecting to spend Valentine's Day being sad about being single and missing Chris. Instead I had a great day filled with laughter, my wonderful, loving and hilarious friends, and the most romantic Valentine's Day dinner ever! I may be single, but I am certainly not lonely! <3 <3 The only thing that could have made my day better would have been seeing Owl City at Messiah this weekend. It's a bummer that I missed it. Other than that, a great great day!

Happy Valentine's day everyone! My love goes out to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. that sounds like the perfect valentine's day!! im glad to hear it =]

    miss youuu <3

    ReplyDelete