How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2/2/10- Summer in February!

It was a half day at school which was nice. The walk up to class was cool this morning thanks to the rain that we had overnight. I told myself to walk slowly and enjoy the company of everyone on the walk instead of going at my own quick pace to get a good seat next to the fan. We were the first to arrive anyways so I got my favorite seat anyways :) It was very very hard to stay awake during class today. My friend Linda kept laughing because as I would start zoning out, my mouth would open and I looked ridiculous. Class was over at 11, and we had our lunch money to go out for our meal. Ten of us played cards for half an hour. We have gotten really into cards here. It the relaxed way of life that allows us to feel like we have time for playing and laughing and relaxing with each other. These relationships are becoming so wonderful! I am blessed that my new family here is so much fun! We walked past our school to a restaurant called "Cafe Roma". It was not going to open until 1, but they made an exception (probably because they didn't want to miss out on so much business. They were so gracious to us, a sharp contrast to the rigidity of the United States. We played cards while we waited for our food to come. Thank goodness for cards, everyone was getting crabby and it took our minds off our hunger. We all loved our meal. I was SO happy to have some pizza. Unfortunately the whole thing cost us two days worth of lunch money (mine was 16500UGsh which is about 8 dollars). We finished and walked all the way back with full stomachs.

I was royally ticked at myself for not getting homework done yesterday. I guess i was too distracted by the internet and talking to friends from home. I spent all afternoon locked away in the spare bedroom forcing myself to concentrate. It was so incredibly hot I almost threw up after dinner. But I found the solution! I put on my swim suit and sat in our bathtub with the hand held water sprayer in one hand and my book in the other. Almost immediately I felt better and refreshed. I just finished my homework (11:30pm). My internet is not working today so I will post this tomorrow. For some reason it feels very important for me to write out my story in this blog. I don't like to miss a day because I have no energy to write it out by hand.

Love and Kisses to everyone ;)

ps. speaking of love and kisses.. one thing I really miss is being HUGGED! I don't think people here are at a comfort level yet where we can hug a lot, I need some! I am going through serious affection withdrawal and I don't appreciate it! Somebody get this girl a hug!!

No comments:

Post a Comment