How then shall we live?

As a Christian, how should I be living my life? I have to ask myself this question sometimes. In the middle of this crazy, fast paced world that we are living in, I still want my answer to remain the same - my life should be lived for God and for others. This semester I will be studying in Rwanda and Uganda, and doing mission work with Food for the Hungry. These next few months I want to make a drastic change in my life by living not for myself, but for others. Through my studies and my interactions I hope to find a new and better understanding of what it means to be a child of God. I want to leave with no question in my mind that there is so much more to my life than my own happiness. I want to make my Creator proud, by loving his children.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

02/03/10

Today was a long day at school, but it had its fun moments.

My close friends and I always leave our house earlier than everyone else. It is well worth it to be the first people to get to the classroom and get our seats next to the fan, especially on our long class days. Plus, by the time we get there we are sweaty and its nice to relax and cool off before our first lecture. It felt like 11am would never come, but it finally did and we ate our packed lunches (sandwiches and carrot sticks). Then we had 2 hours to hang out before our next class. Our new obsession is playing this card game called Kemps. We played a few rounds, but soon some of us were getting irritated that we weren't able to beat the team that kept winning, so we went to, quite literally, "cool off" in the pool. After that we hung out and talked until our next professor arrived. In African Literature class we discussed the "Song of Lawino" which is a very interesting epic/poem. At the end of class (4pm) we walked home.

Once again it was so hot that I had to sit in the bathtub with my swimsuit on to cool off. My roommates and I laid on our tile floor and talked and giggled until dinner. We had lasagna and apple crisp that was amazing. Dinner is always fun and filled with jokes and lively conversation. I really am having a great time here.

Now I am going to take my Doxy pills, hang out, and eventually go to bed early. Tomorrow is another feildtrip. I am sure that I will post again tomorrow, but if not, we have our rural visits this weekend and I wont be back until Sunday. I have had an off and on sore throat for 3 days, and a very runny nose, but I think it's probably nothing. We'll see.

I am currently borrowing someone else's laptop because I don't have internet on mine at the moment (our wireless internet is very finicky).

No comments:

Post a Comment